Friday, April 23, 2010

Tennis

Before Gudrun broke her toe in an unfortunate household accident we had regular battles on the clay courts at Emory. These hotly contested matches had much drama and more than their fair share of questionable sportsmanship. Gudrun's penchant for calling all the close ones 'out' would irritate me no end. I also had the disadvantage of having to use a borrowed racket which was warped and strung far too loosely which caused me to spray shots wildly. Gudrun said that it is a poor athelete who blames his equipment. That's just like her to mangle a quote. But her forehand is formidable and she covers the court like Steffi Graf in her prime. Her backhand is outrageous. It is either a rocket into the corner or flies out of control into the the barbeque area (sorry, I mean the "grillin' area"). One of the strongest parts of Gudrun's game is her attire. She favours a very sassy tennis outfit which is distracting and puts me further off my game. But then again, winning isn't everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment